Non-conventional Band-notched UWB Antenna Design Based on Genetic Algorithm
Keywords:Ultra Wide Band (UWB), Genetic Algorithm (GA), Non conventional DGS filter
In this paper, an improved applied approach based on Genetic Algorithm (GA) for antenna design is presented. It is basically useful to overcome electromagnetic interferences in UWB applications. First, an antenna in the range 2.8 - 20 GHz including UWB band was designed by using GA, then the undesired WiMAX band (3.5-3.8GHz) is rejected by optimizing appropriate Defected Ground Structure (DGS) filter. The proposed non-conventional filter consists of a matrix of rectangular cell shapes where each one is allocated by presence or absence of metal. The process is implemented in CST software using visual basic script. The method overcomes difficulties of conventional design. Furthermore, the optimized shape can be automatically obtained without appealing expert designers. Simulated and measured results demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed design approach.
Copyright (c) 2021 ENP Engineering Science Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Articles published under a Publisher Office user license are protected by copyright. Users may access, download, copy, translate, text and data mine the articles for non-commercial purposes provided that users:
- Cite the article using an appropriate bibliographic citation (i.e. author(s), journal, article title, volume, issue, page numbers, DOI and the link to the definitive published version)
- Maintain the integrity of the article
- Retain copyright notices and links to these terms and conditions so it is clear to other users what can and cannot be done with the article
- Ensure that, for any content in the article that is identified as belonging to a third party, any re-use complies with the copyright policies of that third party
- Any translations, for which a prior translation agreement with Publisher Office has not been established, must prominently display the statement: "This is an unofficial translation of an article that appeared in a Publisher Office publication. Publisher Office has not endorsed this translation."
This is a non commercial license where the use of published articles for commercial purposes is prohibited. Commercial purposes include:
- Copying or downloading articles, or linking to such postings, for further redistribution, sale or licensing, for a fee
- Copying, downloading or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing, for a fee
- Use of articles or article content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organizations for promotional purposes, whether for a fee or otherwise.
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer or other form of commercial exploitation.